Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Operation "Organize My House"

Ok so a couple weeks ago we decided to have a yard sale to try and get rid of all the stuff that we don't need or want anymore. The yard sale went well but good enough. So now I have a garage filled with stuff that was once in totes or boxes, so I need to have another garage sale again and then I am just going to have to try to sale it on craigslist and Palouse ads and the rest of the JUNK that I don't want to try and sale is going to be going to Goodwill.

Now unfortunately my sister in law has to move back to Oregon because she just couldn't find a job here in Idaho (for those of you that are new readers she currently lives in the apartment that is in our basement) I really hate that she has to do this because well I will miss her but that also means I now have 2 more bedrooms, a bathroom, living room and kitchen that I can try and start organizing all of my STUFF. I will get to set up an art area, video game area, play area and I will now have my own room with my sewing and scrap booking stuff set up in and not in totes anymore and still have a guest bedroom.

Yesterday I cleaned the utility closet which was filled with a garbage bag of plastic balls, tons of plastic bags, vacuum, shampooer, broom, mop, games, dog and cat stuff Oh it was just a huge mess in such a little closet.

Next I tackled the closet next to the laundry room which again everything was just kinda thrown in there, it had everything from bills, kids school work, envelopes, kitchen stuff, decorations from Easter, bubble stuff, chalk and rain boots. Now I sadly have a problem I can not get rid of any of my kids school work it all goes into manila envelopes and the grade and year is wrote on it and it goes in a tote. But I did organize everything else nicely.

Today I tackled our pantry and I almost wish I hadn't because now it looks like we have no food. It was a horrible mess no organization at all but now all the canned foods are all lined up, noodles in one place, cereal in one place and so on.

Tomorrow I am tackling the kitchen cupboards. I will get pictures on here as soon as I can get my camera to upload to the computer.Also while I am trying to organize my house and life really I am trying to lose 14 pounds by July 30th so far I have lost 5.1 pounds and tomorrow is my week 3 weigh in hopefully it's more than last week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow you have gotten a TON done! Feel free to come over here & orgainze my home haha :) Congrats on your 5 lbs loss! You should link up with "Marvelous Mommy" - she has a weekly weigh-in challenge every week that a bunch of us participate in every Thursday. We post a picture of our scale w/our weight. It's fun & everyone is sooo encouraging!

    Oh & by the way, I gave you an award: http://wedonthaveitalltogether.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-awards.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.