Thursday, March 25, 2010

Well Baby Check Up

So, I had to take my baby girl to get her shots yesterday and have the doctor do their check-up. First of all I was dreading this for 2 reasons: 1. Last time she had shots she was the crankest little girl ever. 2. I hate seeing her so sad and unhappy.

Took her in they weighed her she was 14 pounds 6 ounces and she was 24 1/2 inches long at almost 6 months old.

Next the doctor came in and examined her and said she was doing great, the only thing they are waiting for is her eye to clear up. She said that if by 9 months she is still having problems they might decide to "prob it". So now I am thinking should I lie and say her eye is great or let them fix it, I can not even imagine what that means but it doesn't sound good at all.

Then the mean old nurse comes in with the tray of shots (3 to be exact). She wipes her legs while Jaedyn is smiling so big at her and then 1 shot in and instant screaming and then the next 2. It was so horrible her face was beat red and she just kept screaming and there was really nothing I could do to calm her down. Finally I get her to stop crying so we can leave the room and go home.

She was pretty good last night a little fussy, she ended up falling asleep at around 6:30 and waking up around 10 to eat very briefly and falling back asleep and then comes 3:30 she wakes up and cries and eats and cries and eats and cries and cries .....for the rest of the morning. It was so horrible.

Today she is a little cranky not wanting to be put down and I can tell her legs are hurting her. I HATE SHOTS.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby. Kendall and Peyton actually never had any HUGE issues after shots. Sorry you had such a rough SLEEP last night. Hope she will be back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.