Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Place New Friends

Well today I have to take my oldest daughter to a birthday party. I am so excited to be doing this because we just moved here about a month ago so its really exciting to know that she is already making friends. It's always a little scary moving to a new school and having to make new friends but the kids have done great it really makes me feel so much better and it's even nicer that I love the school they are going to. Now what to get a little girl we hardly know for her birthday? I'm thinking a gift card so she can pick out whatever she wants but then she really doesn't have anything to open. Ideas?

Another exciting thing is also happening today, my sister-in-law is moving into our apartment today. I know most of you are probably thinking are you crazy wanting to live with your in-laws but I'm not I assure you she is pretty much like my sister or actually closer to me than my sister. I love this because well I know no one here all family and friends live 450 miles away so now I will actually have someone close by to talk to and vent my frustrations and well I also get to spend time with my nieces again. It was so hard moving away from them because they have been in my life since they were babies so I really loved them like they were my own. I still have 2 nieces and 1 nephew who live back in Oregon and I'm not sure I will be able to get them up here or not lol. But it makes going back to Oregon that much better.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I hope the birthday party went well. I think gift cards are always the safest way to go for someone you dont know very well. I also think it's great that you get along with your in-laws enough to be able to live with them. I know what you mean about missing your nieces & newphew, I have 2 nieces that live 450 miles away that I only get to see maybe once a year *sad face*.

    Just thought I'd stop by & say hello seeing as you & I are Easter Swap buddies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.