Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On the Road Again

My clothes, the kids clothes all of our blankets and toiletries are packed and we are ready to go. Yes we have a 8 1/2 hour drive ahead of us tonight and then another 6 hour drive tomorrow down to California. We were going to drive the whole way in one day but I convinced my husband differently.
We have to go to California for my great grandma's funeral service. This is really a bittersweet trip because not only do we have the funeral to attend I also get to see my family that I haven't seen in almost a year and some I haven't seen in almost 6 years none of which have gotten to meet Jaedyn my 9 month old.
So I am super excited about everyone getting to meet her for the first time but I am also very sad, I have gotten my feelings under control about my grandma dying and now they are just all going to resurface again on Thursday. I still can't believe she is gone.
And since my husband took 5 days off work so we could go down there we are also going to try and make it our family vacation for the year. We will leave Oregon early Wednesday morning and head down the coast, seeing the beach, stopping at an amazing little restaurant my kids love because of its name Mattie's Pancake House in Brookings Oregon. Mattie is my oldest so we always stop there when we go to California down the coast. And of course we have to stop at Tree's Of Mystery which has the Giant Paul Bunyon and Big Blue Ox

and the gift shop has tons of things made out of Redwood and they also have some amazing fudge. Then we won't be far from our destination.
We are heading back to Oregon on Friday and then we get to hang out with some friends that we haven't seen in awhile. Saturday my husband and dad will be redoing the roof on our rental down there and then Saturday night we get to hang out with some more friends. Sunday is my husbands birthday so we have a birthday party to go to for our friends son and then hopefully we will get to spend time with Wesley's family and have a BBQ with them as well. Monday we are off to see some more family and then Tuesday we get to do the 8 1/2 hour drive all over again.
I am very fortunate to have kids that don't mind riding in the car it also helps that I have a DVD player that keeps them busy along with their DS and books.
So I be away from the blogging world until July 20th I hope everyone has a good week.

3 comments:

  1. I will MISS YOU!! Enjoy your trip, and I will be thinking of you with your Grandma's funeral service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Mattie's Pancake House....I've never had the chocolate chip pancakes, but I hear they are good...I think for the youngers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good luck with all that driving with the girls. :p It's nice that you guys are making a family vaca. out of the trip as well. Safe traveling & best wishes!

    I have an award for you: http://www.susiebhomemaker.com/2010/07/more-awards-for-me-you-shouldnt-have.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.