Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Doctor Wrong

So I took my daughter to the doctors yesterday because she had a fever of over 101 for the 3rd day in a row and I could not figure out what was wrong with her: she didn't have a cough, runny nose and she wasn't acting like her ears were hurting her either so off to the doctors office we went.

We get to the doctors and she is just so cranky and all I could think about was how they were going to take her temp and it was going to be normal and then they would be looking at me like what are you talking about lady. But no she had a fever of 101.6 there and she pretty much cried and whined the whole time while in the room. The doctor checks her over and says he doesn't see anything wrong with her and asked if I had noticed anything and I said no just the fever and she seems to have a heat rash from the temperature. So then he is like well I think she has Roseola.  And I'm thinking ok what is that?

Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young kids, most commonly affecting those between 6 months and 2 years old. It is usually marked by several days of high fever followed by a distinctive rash just as the fever breaks.

He explains everything to me and that was that. So at about 10:30 last night I took her temperature and it was normal thankfully and we got up this morning and her rash that she did have was GONE. So I am thinking that the rash was a heat rash like I had said. Thankfully my baby girl is pretty much back to normal today still a little cranky but I think that's from lack of sleep the last couple of days which would explain why I am cranky too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.