Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

After the first week of school that the girls loved, came Labor Day Weekend which means water and theme park to my kids.

At their school in the spring they are given the opportunity to read 600 minutes and in doing so they will get a ticket to Silverwood Theme/Water Park here in Idaho.

So this is our second year we have got to go and boy do the kids love it. We have decided to go during Labor Day so that my parents could come up and enjoy it also with the kids. Now you would think that it being Labor Day plus Silverwoods Car Show weekend that the park would be packed but its NOT. We usually hit up the water park area first thing and manage to go through everything at least twice before you actually have to wait in line. And then we head to the theme park area and try to do all the rides.

This year my 8 year old decided she wanted to go on this one slide that you pretty much fly down, I am not sure how fast they go down it but its all open and all I could think about was her flying out of the slide and getting hurt but she didn't and she loved it and wanted to do it again. And then of course she also had to do the roller coasters and this year she did the corkscrew which goes upside down twice CRAZY CRAZY she is.  My 5 year old wanted to do it to but she is still not tall enough she is 41'' and you have to be 48'' to go on the all scary rides. I actually got to go on some rides too this year, I haven't been on rides well in forever and believe me I thought I was going to die lol. I went on one with my oldest and my 5 year old and they were laughing at me because I was freaking out. FUN FUN TIMES. We also got to watch an amazing ice dancing show, they started off doing some numbers themed to Michael Jackson and then they did Beyonce "Single Ladies", and then they did the chicken dance song, and some other various classical numbers but everything was amazing. I have seen one ice show before and it was Disney Princess on Ice and this show was right up there with it and they made it really fun for the kids.

Sunday we went up in the mountains and tried out some gold panning and exploring. We packed a picnic and the kids loved roaming around in the forest.

And then we just spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and getting my house cleaned and the yard picked up before winter, which seems to be coming fast. It is so cold already.

Pictures to come soon, my camera is not working right for some reason again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a ball!! I would love to go pan for gold up in the mountains...inexpensive but so much FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.