Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Books to Read #5

SKELETON HICCUPS
Skeleton Hiccups
"Skeletons are a little less scary when they have the hiccups. This particular skeleton can't seem to shake them--not in the shower (nice fuzzy bat slippers!), not while brushing his teeth (woops! there goes the bottom jaw!), not while polishing his bones, carving a pumpkin, raking leaves, or even when playing baseball with his friend Ghost. Ghost, instead of Boo-ing! away his buddy's hiccups right away as we might expect, advises Skeleton to hold his breath and eat some sugar and drink water upside down. When he finally does Boo! it still doesn't work. But when Ghost finds a mirror and holds it up to Skeleton's face, he sees his reflection and screams in fright! The hiccups jump away, hic, hic, hic. While it's novel to see a skeleton eating sugar, drinking water, showering, etc., it may be tricky to find the right audience for this unusual picture book that's more about hiccups than Halloween. (Ages 4 to 8)" from Amazon

My Thoughts-First of all let me start off by saying I really hate skeletons, I think they are horrible decorations, I have never been able to understand why people would buy kids clothes with skulls and things on them I just in no way find that adorable. Anyways as far as the book goes my kids loved it. Every page has hic, hic, hic on it so I would read the words and the kids would make the hiccup sounds it was really funny and this is such a cute book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.