Thursday, June 24, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Right before school was over the kids school sent home letters to buy movie tickets at a discounted price to go and see 8 different movies this summer with your kids. So I of course jumped on the chance it was $5.00 for 8 tickets to various movie, the first being Percy Jackson.


Synopsis: It's the 21st century, but the gods of Mount Olympus and assorted monsters have walked out of the pages of high school student Percy Jackson's Greek mythology texts and into his life. And they're not happy: Zeus' lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Even more troubling is the sudden disappearance of Percy's mother. As Percy finds himself caught between angry and battling gods, he and his friends embark on a cross-country adventure to catch the true lightning thief, save Percy's mom, and unravel a mystery more powerful than the gods themselves. Written by 20th Century Fox

My thoughts: Now I had only seen previews of this movie a few times and knew it was something I was going to be leery about taking my kids too but when I seen it on the list of movies I figured it couldn't be that bad (right). So I decided to take my 7 year old. We got to the movie theater and going inside was a huge line of what looked like kindergartners so again I was like ok this is going to be ok. Not to long into the movie she starts covering her eyes, and asking when its going to be over and so on. She continues to watch just covering her eyes when something gets a little too scary for her. The movie I thought was awesome I loved it (except Medusa) I love reading mythology as it is so it was right up my alley but I think that it was not appropriate for kids their ages and there was some cussing as well which I again don't think is appropriate for kids. I am thinking that my daughter who is almost 10 might of enjoyed it but just be leery before you let your kids watch this movie.


Next week Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Anyone seen this movie before?????



All opinions are 100% mine.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! I just saw a preview of it on another dvd and I thought it looked scary - something my husband would watch, definitely not my 4-year old!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, come back soon.